Family Photo September 2008

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Seminary Nativity

In seminary this week we studied the birth of our Savior. I saved it, knowing I wanted to do it before Christmas. It has been a great experience. The youth are so in tune with the spirit and have been able to 'adopt' different people from the events and look at the experience from a different point of view. It really is amazing.
So one day I brought in costumes and a back drop and we made a movie. It was really good. The kids did great. They were all pretty reverent and acted out the parts well. After we snapped a couple of pictures. The movie is the best part but the pictures kind of capture a little too. I am not so good at uploading movies yet, so the photos will have to work for now.
Sometimes we have to get pretty creative with early morning seminary just to keep them awake!!

Mary and Joseph were absolutely perfect. I love this picture of them.

The whole group. We were missing a few people, but this is the group that was there that day.

Cameron stepped in as one of the wisemen and I think he thought we said "wise guy" Haha. Just kidding, he was great and added some character too. Thanks for pinch hitting!

A shepherd, a wiseman and King Herod. Kyle and his famous pose!!

Curtis and Kyle were the shepherds. They were fun! I love having funny boys in my class... keeps it interesting.

Meredith looks thrilled I know... she doesn't let us see her excitement much, but on the inside I know that she is actually jumping up and down! There is a huge smile waiting to burst out! :) She was a good sport to be the Inn Keeper.

We had fun and I think it was a great experience overall!

1 comment:

CB said...

I love it!
I don't think your students will ever forget Sister Davis's seminary class. You do so much for them.

Would love to see the movie. Let me know if you get it loaded or send it by e-mail.

Love you!