Family Photo September 2008

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning Fun

Gotta love those Christmas morning pictures. Everyone straight out of bed. I have gotten to where I barely even take any. But I did take a few this year. Mostly because of the fun we were having... read on.


We opened a HUGE package from the Bakows. Their were several gifts and the favorite was definitely these marshmallow shooters! SO much fun. We had marshmallows all over our house for days. Dad finally decided that they are a great backyard toy!


I love it, because while we were having our fun wars here, the Bakow's were doing the same thing in Idaho!! They even made a movie... have to check out their blog to see it!


Leah was in heaven when she found that Santa had brought her the cupcake maker that she had wanted SOOOO badly. Modern version of the easy bake, but you use the microwave. Fun!


Rod's favorite gift was his new sleeping bag and pad. He is doing So much backpacking these days that having the right bag is pretty important. We had gone a couple of months ago and looked at them and he had decided not to purchase. He was so happy to open this and find a bag light enough for backpacking, big enough to move in and thick enough to keep him warm. The pad that fits into a pocket on the back of the bag (so you can't roll off) was an added bonus. Will have to get a report after their first trip.


Then the nerf wars began. Santa was crazy this year. He brought Jared a pretty cool nerf gun and then smaller guns for the rest of the family, and even a nerf target thingy that is way cool. Definitely the year to have stock in nerf product! We had a blast running all over the house shooting everyone and everything... it was quite fun and quite loud for at least an hour or so.


got some action shots...


I think that dart had just hit Bardley and bounced off his head!


Hey, no shooting the camera!


sneeky!






Leah was funny, she waould play nerf, then stop for a while and work on cupcakes. She had a hard time feeling so torn. She loved being able to make cupcakes on her own.


Bradley was a pro on the new pogo stick! I don't know why we have never even had one before!!!




Ok, there is a story here as you can probably imagine. About a monthago our waffle iron broke, so we had to revert back to our old one which still work kind of but was SO gross. So a couple of days before Christmas Brad had pulled out the old waffle iron to make waffles and it was so horrid that I threw it away. (Know that Linnette was getting us one for Christmas.) Bradley loves waffles, more than pretty much anything! more than girls, maybe more than even his own mother. He was SO upset when I threw that thing away. I seriously thought he might shed a tear or two. Any, this was his reaction when he opened the waffle iron. I think Aunt Nette has acheived sainthood in Brad's book!


Linnette and a very sweet statue that she got from Cherie and Kurke.


My favorite Christmas morning picture... Jason in his frog pajamas and hugging his new frog! He is our froggy boy!


Jared love the little things Linnette got him. I forgot what they are called... Linnette, what are those things?




Kiera had fun opening Leah's Barbie and getting it all set up for her. Secretly every girl loves Barbies still!



Bye bye gingerbread village... have fun becoming bird houses.


Andrea with her own tunes... heaven.


Oh and then the mallow guns emerge again....





Kiera and I both tried to get an action shot of the mallow coming out of the gun, but no luck!

Another gift from Aunt Cherie that I had to document.... it was so halarious! Bradley, opened it and held the two seasons of Monk to his chest and said with a sweet sincere voice, "Aunt Cherie loves me." It was so hysterical! Only someone who loves Monk like we have come to love him would understand. Cherie is the only reason we even started to watch it! The kids are so hooked! Thank heavens for DVR, no commercial and shorter episodes. But DVD is even better!
What a fun day! No one got out of their Jammies all day!

2 comments:

CB said...

This was just the year for guns I guess! I will never forget laughing so hard as I did when I thought how clever we were to send you guns for Christmas and then to open your present and find a boxful of guns to us! We loved it! Talk about being on the same wavelength.
Happy shooting!

Angela Bassett said...

Hey Bradley- I'm a MONK lover, too! I haven't seen it in a really long time (almost a couple years), but I can't wait to catch up one day. Maybe you'll loan me your dvd's when we get back? I'm thinking we can work out a trade of some kind.
Looks like you all had a great Christmas. We're still having nerf wars! We love it, even though I've been finding nerf bullets in the oddest places... Merry (late) Christmas