Ok, so every year Linnette is great to plan a day to go see Santa. So we take Leah and Jason and make the big visit. It is always fun to watch them and see the interactions. This year was no exception. So we went to Sunrise Mall... any of you around here planning to go to Sunrise may want to read carefully. We waited in line in the coutyard of the mall around the very big and beautiful Christmas Tree for about a half hour and then it was our turn. Santa turned out to be a business man. I tried to get him to warm up to the kids by asking what they were going to tell him they want for Christmas, and he stopped me and said, "We visit after the picture." Seemed a little backwards to me. So of course the kids did not want to go to him and he was not really wanting to take the time to try so he had me sit in the chair with the kids while he snuck up behind and got in the picture. It was cute in its own little way and not a bad experience but not so great either. The picture (below) was ok. They were very particular that we not use our own cameras while the kids visited with Santa. But read on it gets better....

Picture of us with the Mall Santa.

After the picture the kids warmed up a little and got a list from Santa. He gave Linnette a lecture about diabetes and candy canes. Dad, you would have been proud. I wasn't really that surprised about Leah, she does not talk to people much. But Jason wouldn't go to him either and that was weird. I think when he was leaving he did give him a quick hug though.
Then we walked around the mall a bit and were heading towards Macy's when all of a sudden I remembered that Macy's had their own Santa. So up to the 3rd floor of Macy's and tucked away a bit near the children's department, we found a very quiet scene with Santa, no line, and a photographer. We went over there and he motioned to Leah and Jason and they both went right to him. It was so sweet. We spent about 20 minutes, talking, playing and taking pictures with Santa. They were happy to let us use our own camera, just chat, and the photographer even took a photo of all of us with Santa. The two were "night and day" experiences. I am sure he will get busier as Christmas gets closer, but we lucked out and had a sweet experience.

Love these interactive pictures.


Of course we did buy a package of photos from them too... why wouldn't we, they were so wonderful. The one above is my angle on the professional picture.

I even got to get a picture with Santa. Yeah, maybe I will get a present this year. I told him just what I wanted. :)


This last one we were close to leaving and he has taken his hat off and it made me think of that very popular statue of Santa kneeling by the baby Jesus' manger. Love this!
What a great visit with Santa. He is a fun part of this festive season!!
5 comments:
Aw So cute! That looks like fun. Miss you guys!
adorable! i love leah's dress! and yeah, the second santa was great! i love his facial expressions!!!
Awww, that's so cute. What a difference. I'm so glad that Leah and Jason were not scarred for life! Santa saves the day! I love the comment about Santa removing his hat as he kneels to worship the Christ child.
I had to share...David was looking at this post this morning. He was so excited to see Leah and Jason. Then he said, "There Ruth hugging Santa. How nice of her."
That is funny about the Santa's. I have never heard of a business like Santa.
Both of them looked great though - not cheesy - so I am glad you had another option for pictures!
Very fun:)
Post a Comment